The Asociación de Industriales Metalúrgicos de Galicia, ASIME, was constituted on 7th October 1977 under the protection of Law 19/77 on Trade Union Freedom.
It currently has more than 600 member companies representing the activities of automotive, metal mechanics and transport; Naval, maritime and marine energies; Metal structures and constructions; Aeronautics; Aluminium: extrusion, carpentry and enclosures; Elevators and elevators; Complementary services: logistics, information and communication systems; etc
The Galician metallurgical sector has more than 60000 workers and represents 20% of Galicia’s GDP.
The main task of ASIME is the corporate and individual defence of the common interests of our associates, which is carried out through the Departments of Occupational Health and Safety, Legal, Quality and Environment, Foreign Trade, Training, Orientation and Employment, Information and Communication Technologies, etc.
The purposes of ASIME are the management, defence and coordination of the common interests of our members. To this end, the Association has powers and acts in the following areas:
- Relationship with the Administration and Official Bodies and representation of members.
- Promotion of cooperation and fair coexistence among the businessmen of the sector.
- Defence of the interests of our members in the professional, economic, technological and commercial order; with ASIME being able to encourage and participate in the promotion and creation of institutions for commercial, industrial and technical purposes.
- Intervention and participation in collective bargaining at sector level and in labour relations in general.
- Advice on labour and environmental matters, occupational risk prevention and any other area of interest for associated companies.
- Promotion of actions for preventing occupational risks and health at work, quality, the environment, corporate responsibility or business internationalisation.
- Promotion, promotion and execution of foreign trade actions that contribute to the international expansion of the Galician metallurgical sector.
- Collaboration in R+D+i and competitiveness projects carried out both by the Association itself and by other entities.
- Promotion, organization, programming and / or delivery of training courses.
- Service of documentation centre for its members and centre of reception and emission of information of our associates, compiling statistical data and/or elaborating studies that are of interest to them.
- Other analogous matters we consider necessary or convenient for fulfilling the purposes and defence of the legitimate interests of our members.